Simple and healthy…tastes good too! Here’s a link to the 2 or 3 ingredient cookie recipe! All you need are bananas & oatmeal…I added chocolate chips as well. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/healthy-cookies.html?m=1 Here is a calorie breakdown:
I haven’t ran since Thursday.
We were on vacation & I slept in each day.
Trading in my usual alarm clock(s) & starlit skies, I instead welcomed the morning sunshine streaming through my wall of sliding glass doors.
As I looked out the window at this beautiful bay view…I never once wished that I was out there running.
I don’t regret one minute of my 5 day running vacation.
A refreshing break was just what I needed.
Tomorrow’s a new day….
Time to finish our last full week of half marathon training!
~just me…my friends…and our flashlights~ ❤
I decided to reblog this because I thought it was REALLY FUNNY! Plus it never showed up in the list of “blogs I follow”…so I thought you may have missed out on my witty thoughts too. 🙂
When God leads me to do something else.
I’ve told Him that I would be just as happy going for nice long walks.
But, I still feel compelled to run for some reason.
~I wonder why~
Matt: Is your flashlight broken?
Me: No, I just wanted to run in the dark.
Sometimes the darkness provides a comfortable place of solitude.
A familiar sense of aloneness that I enjoy.
But you know what?…you just. can’t. stay. there.
Not much good can come out of a long run in the dark, right?
There’s so much more beauty for you ahead.
Run to the Light.
~life imitates running which imitates art which imitates life~
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10
I have received some very nice blogging awards lately! To which I would like to say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
It’s an honor to be thought of, and a blessing to know real people are reading my blog.
I would write just for my own benefit, but the thought of blessing another just adds so much to the fun!
If you’re not familiar with these blogging awards, this is the overall gist of how they work:
Acknowledge the giver, answer their questions, post random facts about yourself, and then nominate your favorite bloggers for the same award.
I obviously don’t do very well at responding to them…so I thought I would change things up a little.
I would like to acknowledge those who gave me the awards….my fellow runners & bloggers…who’s willingness to share their thoughts makes me feel almost normal 🙂 Thank you for writing, sharing and reading!
Just click on the link to their blogs that I’m posting and ENJOY! Following a link to their blog, I will answer the questions that they asked me.
1. What do you do to unwind for the day? Nothing. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, no matter what.
2. What is your favorite dessert? Love them all. Ice cream is most convenient.
3. What were you like in high school? (nerd, jock, quiet, clown etc) nerd
4. What color is your car? black
5. What inspired you to start blogging? I started journaling about my running journey on FB…and it led to blogging. I didn’t even know that I enjoyed writing before that. Here is a link to my first FB Running journal: https://www.facebook.com/lifechangers/media_set?set=a.1530598827030.69644.1296510336&type=3
6. Beach or Countryside? Both
7. Drive or Fly? FLY
8. Do you always have the latest tech gadgets before anyone else? NO. I’m rather technically challenged. My kids laugh at me all the time.
9. Favorite Charity: I have many. The first that came to mind was The Big Oak Ranch A Christian home for children needing a chance. I love the fact that these young people, who have overcome so much at no fault of their own, are given a chance to have God’s best for their lives.
10. Favorite music genre: Jazz
11. Favorite movie: “The Family Man“, “The Pursuit of Happyness“, “Remember the Titans”
- Who is your fitness inspiration? people…many different people. Strangers, friends, old, young, disabled, healthy, etc…people are foremost on my mind when I run.
- What is one thing you did everyday when you were 10, but now never do? Wished people liked me. Now I never do, because now, I like me. I am complete in Christ.
- What is your favorite brunch item? hmmm….omelet? Is that brunch food?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Unhealthy choice: ice cream Healthy choice: acai berry, because of the health benefits.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? Falling in love with Jesus…is that an accomplishment? If receiving a free gift is an accomplishment…then that would be it.
- If you had to spend 24 hours with either Lindsay Lohan or Amanda Bynes who would you choose? Amanda Bynes…’cause she likes eggs(reference, the Amanda Show). Really…neither. Unless I could help Lindsay Lohan in some way…then I would be glad to spend some time with her.
- What was your worst haircut? Tried to save some money before being in a friends wedding. Got the $7 special. She cut my bangs STRAIGHT ACROSS…& very short!!!
- Early bird or night owl? Night Owl
- What was the last book you read? Facebook 😉
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen a stranger do in public? You mean besides grown men running down the road in ballerina tutu’s during a race?…can’t think of anything…
- Apple or Android? Apple
1. What is the worst first date you’ve ever been on? I only went on two before I met my husband…they weren’t bad first dates though. We just had nothing to talk about.
2. What is the most embarrassing event to have happened to you on a run or at the gym? Nothing that I can think of. In the beginning, I was embarrassed to run if other people were around.
3. What is your dream job? Ministering to people alongside my husband.
4. What is your all-time favorite TV show? TV used to be my social life, too many to chose from! First to come to my mind: The Cosby Show
5. Dog or Cat? Dog
6. Who is your celebrity husband/wife? (if you could marry a celebrity, who would it be?) I married the only celebrity I want in 1992.
7. What inspires you? Again…people.
8. What is your biggest accomplishment, to date? Falling in love with Jesus…is that an accomplishment? If receiving a free gift is an accomplishment…then that would be it.
9. What has been your favorite vacation? All of them. Love being with my family. I’m always sad when it’s over.
10. What is your comfort food? ice cream, pizza, chocolate
11. If you could go back in time, who would you want to meet? ?
The 5 Super Sweet Questions.
- Cookies or Cake? Cookies…unless the cake has really great icing on it…
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
- Favorite Sweet Treat? ice cream w/chunks
- When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? Never…in Jesus Name….
- Sweet Nick Name? I can’t think of one.
Here are a few interesting and/or not interesting random facts about myself 🙂 .
I don’t watch much tv. The few shows that I do watch get recorded, so I can fast forward through the commercials.
I write letters and never mail them. I find them, stamp and all, years later. E-mail has helped solve that problem.
I failed my first drivers test.
I write important things for the day on my hand… My husband bought me a daily planner because I kept losing the little scraps of paper w/all my “to do” notes. So I write them in my planner…but then I can’t remember where I placed it. The hand works pretty well…until you wash it 😦 (I bet there’s an ap for this)
I have three beautiful girls, ranging in age from 7 to 17.
Fall is my favorite season.
When things don’t go quite right I always say, “At least we made a memory!” It’s true. Life’s more interesting that way.
Thanks again for the award nominations! It’s so nice to be thought of!
I love running in Downtown Birmingham, AL…I think you’d like it too! Here’s a quick tour that I found today.
I have wanted to write this post for a long time now. Ever since I moved to Birmingham and ran downtown for the first time, I’ve had a certain affection for this tired and worn down, yet blossoming city. And it’s my favorite place to run.
Don’t get me wrong—it’s not that I don’t like running through the perfect neighborhoods of Homewood and Mountain Brook. They’re just so…boring. Houses, trees, car-dodging—they’re Anywhere, USA. Running downtown is an adventure, an opportunity to appreciate Birmingham and its grungy beauty. In a span of 13 miles you can get from one side of the city to the other, running past old and new, soaking in 360 degree views of the skyline and the surrounding hills.
Last Friday I ran my long run downtown with some runners in my group—we started at the end of Highland Park and ran the Mercedes Marathon route. I of course…
View original post 787 more words
A few weeks ago “The Wannabe happy camper” from On the Road to Being Happy nominated me for the Bouquet of Three Award. I enjoy reading her “journey to happy” because I relate to her story. I remember having some of her exact feelings, I feel that we all inspire each other along the way, and I have gleaned some good tips from her blog as well! Thank you for your blog, and the award(s)! It was such a nice surprise!
I have just recently started blogging, but here are some of my favorite running blogs so far. I’m sure there are others that I will think of later!
In random order:
1. Rather Be Runnin’ http://ratherberunnin.com/
2. Move Eat Create http://moveeatcreate.com/
3. Run 5k a Day http://run5kaday.wordpress.com/
4. Lisa’s 40 Days http://lisas40days.wordpress.com/
5. Any Excuse to Wear Trackpants http://anyexcusetoweartrackpants.wordpress.com/
6. Fit for a Year http://fitfor365.wordpress.com/
Here are a few of my other favorite blogs. They have nothing to do with running, but I like ’em!
7. I’ve loved learning from this leader since high school…and that’s been quite a long time ago! John Maxwell on Leadership http://johnmaxwellonleadership.com/
8. My husband introduced me to this blog last year. He thought I’d enjoy it…and I do!!! Jon Acuff http://www.jonacuff.com/blog/
9. My so very talented cousin! If you’re looking for graphic design/photography in Montgomery, AL or the surrounding areas…he’s the man to call. I also get a lot of ideas of event’s happening in our area from his blog. Carter Photography and Design http://carterphotodesign.com/
10-15. AND…..last but not least…see, I gave her #’s 10-15! My sister, and her cool old western town chickens! Landstown Poultry http://www.landstownpoultry.com/blog/blog/
7 things about myself:
1. I enjoy writing about running, just as much as I enjoy actually running. I think they are both important for me to do.
2. I stay up late working on “stuff”, just because I like to be alone. BUT…if I sit still for more than 5 minutes…I’ll fall right to sleep.
3. Buddy the Elf + Mr. Fred Rogers = me. (My personality anyways.) 🙂
4. Never met an ice cream that I didn’t like.
5. I have 3 daughters that most people think are my sisters instead.
6. I love photography, and plan on being an amazing “second shooter” one day. We already own one business…I’m not interested in the business side so much…I just want to create.
7. I was adopted when I was 3 days old. At the request of a friend, I wrote about this on my old blog. If you’d like, you can read about it here.
Thanks again Wanna be happy camper! And, thank you all for reading and sharing your thoughts!