I have received some very nice blogging awards lately! To which I would like to say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
It’s an honor to be thought of, and a blessing to know real people are reading my blog.
I would write just for my own benefit, but the thought of blessing another just adds so much to the fun!
If you’re not familiar with these blogging awards, this is the overall gist of how they work:
Acknowledge the giver, answer their questions, post random facts about yourself, and then nominate your favorite bloggers for the same award.
I obviously don’t do very well at responding to them…so I thought I would change things up a little.
I would like to acknowledge those who gave me the awards….my fellow runners & bloggers…who’s willingness to share their thoughts makes me feel almost normal 🙂 Thank you for writing, sharing and reading!
Just click on the link to their blogs that I’m posting and ENJOY! Following a link to their blog, I will answer the questions that they asked me.
1. What do you do to unwind for the day? Nothing. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, no matter what.
2. What is your favorite dessert? Love them all. Ice cream is most convenient.
3. What were you like in high school? (nerd, jock, quiet, clown etc) nerd
4. What color is your car? black
5. What inspired you to start blogging? I started journaling about my running journey on FB…and it led to blogging. I didn’t even know that I enjoyed writing before that. Here is a link to my first FB Running journal: https://www.facebook.com/lifechangers/media_set?set=a.1530598827030.69644.1296510336&type=3
6. Beach or Countryside? Both
7. Drive or Fly? FLY
8. Do you always have the latest tech gadgets before anyone else? NO. I’m rather technically challenged. My kids laugh at me all the time.
9. Favorite Charity: I have many. The first that came to mind was The Big Oak Ranch A Christian home for children needing a chance. I love the fact that these young people, who have overcome so much at no fault of their own, are given a chance to have God’s best for their lives.
10. Favorite music genre: Jazz
11. Favorite movie: “The Family Man“, “The Pursuit of Happyness“, “Remember the Titans”
- Who is your fitness inspiration? people…many different people. Strangers, friends, old, young, disabled, healthy, etc…people are foremost on my mind when I run.
- What is one thing you did everyday when you were 10, but now never do? Wished people liked me. Now I never do, because now, I like me. I am complete in Christ.
- What is your favorite brunch item? hmmm….omelet? Is that brunch food?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Unhealthy choice: ice cream Healthy choice: acai berry, because of the health benefits.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? Falling in love with Jesus…is that an accomplishment? If receiving a free gift is an accomplishment…then that would be it.
- If you had to spend 24 hours with either Lindsay Lohan or Amanda Bynes who would you choose? Amanda Bynes…’cause she likes eggs(reference, the Amanda Show). Really…neither. Unless I could help Lindsay Lohan in some way…then I would be glad to spend some time with her.
- What was your worst haircut? Tried to save some money before being in a friends wedding. Got the $7 special. She cut my bangs STRAIGHT ACROSS…& very short!!!
- Early bird or night owl? Night Owl
- What was the last book you read? Facebook 😉
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen a stranger do in public? You mean besides grown men running down the road in ballerina tutu’s during a race?…can’t think of anything…
- Apple or Android? Apple
1. What is the worst first date you’ve ever been on? I only went on two before I met my husband…they weren’t bad first dates though. We just had nothing to talk about.
2. What is the most embarrassing event to have happened to you on a run or at the gym? Nothing that I can think of. In the beginning, I was embarrassed to run if other people were around.
3. What is your dream job? Ministering to people alongside my husband.
4. What is your all-time favorite TV show? TV used to be my social life, too many to chose from! First to come to my mind: The Cosby Show
5. Dog or Cat? Dog
6. Who is your celebrity husband/wife? (if you could marry a celebrity, who would it be?) I married the only celebrity I want in 1992.
7. What inspires you? Again…people.
8. What is your biggest accomplishment, to date? Falling in love with Jesus…is that an accomplishment? If receiving a free gift is an accomplishment…then that would be it.
9. What has been your favorite vacation? All of them. Love being with my family. I’m always sad when it’s over.
10. What is your comfort food? ice cream, pizza, chocolate
11. If you could go back in time, who would you want to meet? ?
The 5 Super Sweet Questions.
- Cookies or Cake? Cookies…unless the cake has really great icing on it…
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
- Favorite Sweet Treat? ice cream w/chunks
- When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? Never…in Jesus Name….
- Sweet Nick Name? I can’t think of one.