I have started a new Facebook community that will compliment my blog.
I have a theory…won’t you help me test it?
Let’s play a game.
My theory is this, no matter what topic or item you give me…I can relate it in some way to running.
Is this a good thing? I’m not sure. 🙂
For example, this is the one that started my train of thought.
“It can be difficult to find quality employees.” If I were hiring someone and I saw that they were a runner, and had been for awhile….I would be more likely to hire them for the job. They would have the qualities I was looking for such as…a hard worker, goal setter, able to overcome obstacles, self motivated, etc.
All last night and this morning I have been thinking of random objects and relating them to running
Washing Machine: You should wash your running clothes soon after running. Do not use fabric softener on your dry fit items. Air drying is best.
Iron: One of my favorite things about running clothes is that you do not have to iron ANYTHING!
Banana: A staple at the finish lines for most running events that I have been part of.
Couch: OF COURSE…Couch to 5k!
Checkbook: You might think that running is a cheap sport, but it CAN get costly. Running shoes, entry fees, travel expenses, gadgets, and the list goes on. I have written many checks during these last few years, but it was worth every penny. Honestly…all you really NEED is a GOOD PAIR of shoes, and water.
Ceramic Tile: I’ve been known to lay on the cold, ceramic tile in my air conditioned house, after running outside in the sweltering hot Alabama sun.
So won’t you join in my “FUN”? Comment a topic or item and lets see if my theory holds true! I’m curious!
My dad and I had many conversations similar to this when I was a kid:
ME: “Daddy, can I go to the park?”
DAD: “You CAN…but MAY you?”
See, there’s a difference! I had the ability, but not necessarily the permission.
Can you lose weight if you run? YES!
WILL you lose weight if you run? That is totally up to YOU!
It’s simple math.
Are you eating more calories than you are burning?
Let’s say that you run/walk 2 miles…then you have burned approximately 200 calories. Then you go to Subway and eat 2 oatmeal cookies (You’ve got oatmeal…you’ve got raisins…healthy right? 😉 ) Each cookie = 200 calories. So you have just eaten 200 MORE calories than all your hard work running had burned.
Like anything in life….the plan works if you work the plan.
AND TRUST ME! We have tried most all of the diet plans out there!
MyFitnessPal has been invaluable to us! It’s a free app for your phone that helps you keep track of your daily caloric intake. When you start counting calories, you will be shocked at how many calories you consume each day!
To me, it’s not about clothes size…it’s about being healthy.
You CAN!…but WILL you?
What’s your plan? What’s working for you?
A few weeks ago “The Wannabe happy camper” from On the Road to Being Happy nominated me for the Bouquet of Three Award. I enjoy reading her “journey to happy” because I relate to her story. I remember having some of her exact feelings, I feel that we all inspire each other along the way, and I have gleaned some good tips from her blog as well! Thank you for your blog, and the award(s)! It was such a nice surprise!
I have just recently started blogging, but here are some of my favorite running blogs so far. I’m sure there are others that I will think of later!
In random order:
1. Rather Be Runnin’ http://ratherberunnin.com/
2. Move Eat Create http://moveeatcreate.com/
3. Run 5k a Day http://run5kaday.wordpress.com/
4. Lisa’s 40 Days http://lisas40days.wordpress.com/
5. Any Excuse to Wear Trackpants http://anyexcusetoweartrackpants.wordpress.com/
6. Fit for a Year http://fitfor365.wordpress.com/
Here are a few of my other favorite blogs. They have nothing to do with running, but I like ’em!
7. I’ve loved learning from this leader since high school…and that’s been quite a long time ago! John Maxwell on Leadership http://johnmaxwellonleadership.com/
8. My husband introduced me to this blog last year. He thought I’d enjoy it…and I do!!! Jon Acuff http://www.jonacuff.com/blog/
9. My so very talented cousin! If you’re looking for graphic design/photography in Montgomery, AL or the surrounding areas…he’s the man to call. I also get a lot of ideas of event’s happening in our area from his blog. Carter Photography and Design http://carterphotodesign.com/
10-15. AND…..last but not least…see, I gave her #’s 10-15! My sister, and her cool old western town chickens! Landstown Poultry http://www.landstownpoultry.com/blog/blog/
7 things about myself:
1. I enjoy writing about running, just as much as I enjoy actually running. I think they are both important for me to do.
2. I stay up late working on “stuff”, just because I like to be alone. BUT…if I sit still for more than 5 minutes…I’ll fall right to sleep.
3. Buddy the Elf + Mr. Fred Rogers = me. (My personality anyways.) 🙂
4. Never met an ice cream that I didn’t like.
5. I have 3 daughters that most people think are my sisters instead.
6. I love photography, and plan on being an amazing “second shooter” one day. We already own one business…I’m not interested in the business side so much…I just want to create.
7. I was adopted when I was 3 days old. At the request of a friend, I wrote about this on my old blog. If you’d like, you can read about it here.
Thanks again Wanna be happy camper! And, thank you all for reading and sharing your thoughts!
The views are spectacular!
Here are a few of my favorite sights from the last 3 years:
…and this is my favorite “spectacular view” of all time….
I’m sure we will have many more spectacular views to share with you in the future!
If you have a spectacular view from a run or a race that you would like to share, feel free to comment with a link to your blog!
I know there are many more beautiful places in this world.
*Look for reason 3 next week* Click here to see the rest of my list.
Why do you love to run?